Instrument panel light

My 1999 OB lost the light on the instrument panel, which means I have to drive at night with a flashlight in my hand to see how fast I'm going and whether I need fuel. No good! (The other signals on the panel work fine.)

I think it happened when I left the parking light on overnight and ran down the battery, attempting to recharge it the next day. I saw some major sparks.

Can someone tell me how to access the bulb? My dealer will charge me a ridiculous amount to diagnose the problem. Also, which fuse should I check? I don't want to have to check them all and get frostbitten fingers, if I can avoid it.

Ben

Reply to
Uncle Ben

To answer my own question: The fuse is number 10 in the box on the left wall by the driver's knee. In the owner's manual, it is called "illumini".

I did not have to replace anything: after removing and replacing the fuse twice, the lights came on! Must have been a little oxide coating on the fuse contacts.

-- Message posted using

information at

greenba