Instrument Panel Removal?

Hi, My 2002 E430 has developed missing segments on the LCD on the clock and temp read-outs. Sometimes they are all on and sometimes are not. Is this a common problem? How do I remove the instrument panel to check on the connections? Do I need a special tool, if so, where can I get one? Thanks in advance.

-Mo-

Reply to
Mo Chung

The panel pulls out. There are now independent shops that repair LCD displays so one doesn't need to replace the parts.

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach

Thank you. A few years ago, there was a discussion about how fast and easy it was to remove the instrument panel. A BMW owner posted it was easy and a Mercedes owner posted it took less than a minute. I don't remember the details how it was done. Can you shed some light on how to pull and to install the instrument panel? Thanks.

-Mo- "-->> T.G. Lambach

Reply to
Mo Chung

Common problem... it happened to my folk's E320 also... Dealer replaced it for about $800. Painless fast job...

If you want to save money, then you will have to send it out to repair and in the meantime, you cannot drive your car.

Reply to
Tiger

I have this in my bookmarks:

Ximinez