flashing brake light idiot light

I just bought my first 300D. I've helped a friend with his converted one, but this is my first. I'm now running across a problem, and I don't know quite what to make of it.
The idiot light on the dash that tells you when your brake light is out comes on when I step on the brakes. That is not strange. However, it also flashes when I am driving. The rate of flashing is directly proportional to the speed of the car. At any speed above about 35 it is just a dimly lit light. I have a theory that the ABS wheel speed sensors are somehow tied into the warning light to alert that the ABS has gone awry and mine is somehow tripping the system at some points of a wheels travel, but not at other points. Is this a valid diagnosis. I am not even sure that the car has ABS. I can't find anything that looks like an ABS unit. But then again, I don't know everything about this car. I come from the world of fast gas powered cars.
Any ideas of what it might be?
I thought of perhaps jacking the car up and spinning each wheel to see which one causes it. Although, I'm not really sure where to go after that. I fear an oscilloscope may be involved. I'm open to any advice anyone can send my way.
Bill
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Bill, I would check the brake light switch, its wire to see if its crossed with something else. Did you replace the bulbs already? I also suggest cleaning the ground in the trunk, under the hood and behind the instument cluster. Replacing the fuses would be a good idea also.
Worn disc brake pads?
Alec

Worn disc brake pads?
Alec