Good News for Diesel Fans!

Page 1 of 2
M-B will sell a '06 diesel powered SUV that will get about 30 MPG!
Other manufacturers are also thinking diesel, especially after mid 2006 when the diesel fuel's sulfur content will be cut.
Read on:
http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid=%7B1EE5B748 %2D0A59%2D4844%2DACB7%2D80FEA9235B1F%7D&siteid=mktw&dist
Any word on the size of the engine?

No details about the SUV's diesel; the new SUV will be sold this spring with a 3.5L 24 valve V-6 and a 5.0L V-8.
I read that the new "G" class will have it.MB plans on using the ML frame to build the new style "G". BTW, the new "G" will be built at the Tuscaloosa, Alabama plant.
Stay tuned!

Josh wrote:

OM 642, 3.2-litre V6, 220 PS, max. torque 540 Nm 2987 cc, 4 valves per cylinder, compression ratio 18:1
Will be installed into M-Class and R-Class from mid-2006 on and then step-by-step introduction from the end of the year 2006 on in S-Class, C-Class and E-Class.
Juergen ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Juergen . wrote: Josh wrote:

If they have the engine, why so long?
.
--

Nothing is the way it is because that's the way it has to be.

1 HP = 745.69987158227022 Watts
Juergen . wrote:

Welcome back from vacation.
.
Juergen . wrote:

Quite funny 3,2-litre engine having only 2987 cc.
Reg: Harri
Harri Markkula wrote:

Arn't you freezing in Finland?
.
--

Nothing is the way it is because that's the way it has to be.

1 HP = 745.69987158227022 Watts
greek_philosophizer wrote:

Of cource not.
We have ice bears warming us up and nice little snow castles to live in.
We all make Nokia cellular phones here and dive our Mercedes over the ice all year long ;-)
How about you?
Reg: Harri

There must be one of you making Sisu engines. I think the name of the person who built mine is Ari Kolmeinen. I'll have to check.
Huw
Harri Markkula wrote:

It sounds like much more fun than the Washington DC area.
Here we just have crime, violence, traffic, pollution and the orifice of power of the last remaining superpower.
On the bright side, we are getting a baseball team.
.
--

Nothing is the way it is because that's the way it has to be.

1 HP = 745.69987158227022 Watts
greek_philosophizer wrote:

Well, that's the price for your freedom, I suppose.
And Mr Bush The Second will give you even more and did promise to give it to the whole world couple days ago.
Lucky you.
Reg: Harri
That is known as a non-sequitur....
BTW I checked the 10-day forecast for two cities in Finland, Turku and Helsinki, and it seems it is fluctuating only between about 0 and -10 deg C. Can't be much different from NE North America..
:-) DAS
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

All true.
We are even having a fairly rare snowstorm. 4 to 8 inches in the DC area they claim. Everybody wishes it was 2 days later so they could avoid work/school.
--

Nothing is the way it is because that's the way it has to be.

1 HP = 745.69987158227022 Watts

Stayed in Helsinki during New Year's eve 1988/1989, was a very strange, yet funny place. All the streets were covered with ten inches of solid ice, the municipal services did not even make an attempt to clear the streets. But the cars are allowed to wear spikes in their tires, and every now and then you see an angry young man chasing his compact car around corners in a dazzling speed. After having seen that I understand why about 18 of 20 rallye driving world champions were born either in Finland or in Sweden.
BTW: Currently, in Helsinkli daylight appears at 10am and disappears again at 2pm. It does not surprise me that Finland and Sweden have imposed strict regulations on selling liquor to their people;-)
Nice people, nice country, nevertheless!

Citroen - Made in Trance
Harri Markkula wrote:

Urgs - you got me! ;-)
It should have read

Displacement is 2987 cc, model designation will be e.g. E320 CDI.
Juergen
Similar (slightly more) power to the 3.2-l petrol engine (218 PS). Diesel is coming on in leaps and bounds.
DAS
The big questions are will it be price competitively and will it be quality?
--

73
Hank WD5JFR
"T.G. Lambach" < snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net> wrote in message
On 1/21/05 6:08 PM, in article kXfId.4518$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com, "Henry Kolesnik"
They already make a competitively priced diesel SUV: the jeep liberty
PS - has anyone noticed the resemblance between the new m class and the new grand cherokee?
OR the cls class and the chrysler 300?