Re: Ford diesel news

August, 2003 - Vehicle Dependability: Power Stroke Diesel Engine Woes

> Annoying Ford's Customers > > Automaker tries to soothe angry nerves. Ten months after it rolled out > a diesel engine for heavy-duty pickups, Ford Motor Co. faces a chorus > of quality complaints from owners who are among the company's most > loyal customers. > Source: Detroit Free Press (August 20, 2003)

Here's the link:

I guess this means my 7.3L is gonna hold its value real well.

-- frosty

Reply to
frosty

dad2468

No, but I did hear that Henry started a co. and called it ford and said it was gonna be temporary car co. that he would fold up as soon as chevy rolled out their first car. You ever heard that rumor?

AW

Reply to
Hattmakr

Actually Ford was more or less chased out of his first company - the Henry Ford Company. The owners reorganized the business, brought in Henry Leyland and Cadillac was born.

See -

Ed

pdb wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White

Well as my grandpa used to say "fuckety fuckey" - I was just about to buy one of them too. I heard some really nasty things about the V-10 - like them blowing the spark plugs right out of the heads - not stripping the threads mind you - but blowing a whole chunk of head out around the plug. Granted, these seem to always occur in the V-10's in motor homes - but I imagine the same would happen if you tow a big ass trailer in a 350.

Anybody got any more information on either one of these little "issues" from Ford? I'd love to find out more.

I'd hate like hell to have to buy a shake and rattle mobile that sounds like my old combine - actually it was quieter - a Dodge I mean - just to have a reliable diesel. I haven't heard any reliability issues with the old antique in-line Cummins they use.

Cheers, Papa Don

Reply to
Don

Any issue that is an issue is discussed here.

: > Automaker tries to soothe angry nerves. Ten months after it rolled out : > a diesel engine for heavy-duty pickups, Ford Motor Co. faces a chorus : > of quality complaints from owners who are among the company's most : > loyal customers. : > Source: Detroit Free Press (August 20, 2003) : :

Reply to
Mellowed