heater blower motor

450 sl blower motor wont run checked fuse ok whats next

Take fuse out and inspect and clean it or put in new fuse.
Turn engine on... fan high and see if hitting the dash will trigger it on...
This happened to me and it was the brushes in the blower unit motor that had worn. You cannot get replacements from merc dealer, new motors range from 120 to 250. I made replacment brushes from some I got from an auto electric shop. The blower motor is now running as new. It cost me 2 for the brushes , a hacksaw blade and sandpaper to to cut the brushes to size and some solder. The motor is also quite easy to get out. As an interim fix I lengthened the springs on the brushes
"jimmiejames" wrote