hot sr9850 relay and ABS light.

Hi group, I have a 1988 420 SE. In the fusebox there are 5 of the above numbered relays. The one on the passenger side, closest to the front of the car is really hot to touch, even with the ignition off. I replaced it and no difference. Also, the ABS warning light remains on. Any connection between the 2, and why would it be hot? Also when cold, it needs to have the gas pedal depressed when starting. Engine just totally rebuilt, but these problems remain. Any input appreciated.

The engine has a cold start circuit that sprays extra fuel into the intake manifold for the first ten or fifteen seconds when you crank the motor. That extra fuel is needed to get the cold engine going.
The cold start circuit has two or three components in a chain like system: temperature sensor (is motor cold? ON, hot OFF) and an electric valve to provide the fuel.
Suggest you determine if the cold start valve is receiving power when the cold engine is cranked. If so, the valve is suspect, if not the sensor is suspect.
Relay. What component is dead when you remove the hot relay? Could be a window switch is stuck in its ON position, for instance.
ABS - beyond me.
--

2008 T.G.Lambach. Publication in any form requires prior written
permission.
I removed the hot relay, and it operates the power windows. The window switches do not seem to be continually on, but they do operate correctly. I hope it is not a short to chase down here. And the relay stays really hot, had to boost the car again today. I removed it so I can use my car but it sucks with the windows not working. "-->> T.G. Lambach <<--" <"T.G. Lambach at NoHamorSpamcomcast.net"> wrote in message

Suggest you put up a new post regarding the windows and their relay. Someone may have a better idea than mine or a switch stuck ON.
--

2008 T.G.Lambach. Publication in any form requires prior written
permission.
On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 17:32:05 -0700, "-->> T.G. Lambach <<--" <"T.G. Lambach at NoHamorSpamcomcast.net"> wrote:

If you do want to see if there's a switch stuck on, just open the windows an inch and leave them like that. If one closes by itself, you know where to look for the problem.
Thank you Happy Trails too. This is a related post, and in my earlier email I said I that it doesn't happen. I am stumped.