How to disconnect the antenna?

How can one disconnect the antenna in a 2002 E-320? When I try to use my IPod in town the signal controllers and power lines cause static. I put on a ground strap but it didn't help much. I also changed to a higher transmission signal, 107.9 FM, and it still is very objectionable. I guess the IPod doesn't put out enough signal to override all that crud.

Reply to
James O'Riley

Try placing a Ground Loop Isolator in line with the IPod connection. They are only about 10 bucks from an electronics (Best Buy, Fry's) store.

Reply to
Thom

Thanks, may I "assume" that the lead I cut only has 2 wires, +12 and ground? This is a unit from Rat Shack with which you can select a radio frequency for the Ipod to be transmitted over.

Reply to
James O'Riley

Ahh, that is different then. The isolator I was thinking of is for the RCA connections. Have you tried a better ground for the unit? If youmove it around (say trying a ground in the engine compartment, you might find somoe noise coming in ovrt the power using itself, not the antenNa.

Reply to
Thom