1. drain coolant from radiator and block
2. remove the air cleaner
3. loosen and remove the power steering belt
4. disconnect the upper water hose from the radiator and thermostat
5. remove the fan and coupling
6. remove the bottom water hose from the water pump
7. remove the hose from the intake connection from the water pump
8. set the engine at TDC.Matchmark the distributor and engine and
remove the distributor.Crank the engine with a socket wrench on the
crankshaft pulley bolt.Crank in the normal direction of rotation only.
9. turn the balancer so that the recesses provide access to the
mounting bolts.Rotate the engine in the normal direction of rotation
10. remove the water pump
11. clean the mounting surfaces of the water pump and block.
12. installation is the reverse of removal.Always use a new gasket.Set
the engine to TDC and install the distributor so that the distributor
rotor points to the notch on the distributor housing.Fill the cooling
system and check ignition timing.