Instrument Panel Removal?

Hi, My 2002 E430 has developed missing segments on the LCD on the clock and temp read-outs. Sometimes they are all on and sometimes are not. Is this a common problem?
How do I remove the instrument panel to check on the connections? Do I need a special tool, if so, where can I get one? Thanks in advance. -Mo-
The panel pulls out. There are now independent shops that repair LCD displays so one doesn't need to replace the parts.
permission.
Thank you. A few years ago, there was a discussion about how fast and easy it was to remove the instrument panel. A BMW owner posted it was easy and a Mercedes owner posted it took less than a minute. I don't remember the details how it was done. Can you shed some light on how to pull and to install the instrument panel? Thanks. -Mo- "-->> T.G. Lambach <<--" <"T.G. Lambach at NoHamorSpamcomcast.net"> wrote in message

Mo Chung wrote:

I have this in my bookmarks:
http://www.mercedesshop.com/Wikka/W124InstCluster
Ximinez

Great website!!!!!!!
Common problem... it happened to my folk's E320 also... Dealer replaced it for about $800. Painless fast job...
If you want to save money, then you will have to send it out to repair and in the meantime, you cannot drive your car.