GS400 radio LCD segments

The radio was relaced during warranty for burned out segments. Now again, three years latter, segments are burning out. Anyone else having trouble? Wonder if it'll be covered without charge because of a previous problem??

Reply to
Randy Kalal

i got a 92 ls400 and i'm having the same problem. it's seems only after it's been on for a while it happends.

Reply to
re

this may help. I saved it for future reference. J

him

Reply to
Jerohm

Adding to my original post:

The rebuilt control unit still works swell. I got my core charge back promptly. Ken is a very honest fellow. Highly recommended. Finally, I was corrected about the Philips screws. They are not really Philips. They are power-driver screws that look like Philips, but are not as deep, so a conventional Philips screw-driver tip will not fit all the way in, so you don't get proper purchase by the sides of the blade, and the blade slips. My error. Was unaware of the difference.

Finally, I am still PO'd at Lexus for such a goof-ball flaw, but the rest of the car is so great (nothing else touches them), that I will go back for another one. Eventually. When/if this one ever wears out.

Reply to
GRL

My 98 GS300 LCD failed in year 5 (2003). I just had it replaced. The dealership split the cost of the replacement without my having asked the question.

Reply to
RWEmerson

How much was your half?

Did the dealer do the right thing or Lexus?

Reply to
GRL

[SNIP]

As far as I know, it was the dealer, but I didn't ask. I'll be there tomorrow; will ask.

Reply to
RWEmerson

$250 - same price as if they'd pulled the unit and sent it out for repair (one-month wait time).

Reply to
RWEmerson

Who would you have sent the unit to for repair? That's a good price.

- GRL

Reply to
GRL

They evidently have a vendor they use (dealership or manufacturer - I don't know?). Since the time required was "a month" assume it's not in Salt Lake. Can try to find out if you like.

Reply to
RWEmerson

No thanks. Just curious. Already fixed mine myself (via rebuilt unit).

Reply to
GRL

TOYOTA AND LEXUS DEALERS SEND RADIOS OUT TO NEW YORK FOR REPAIR.COMPANY NAME IS UNITED RADIO. TAKES 2 WEEKS TO GET IT BACK.

Reply to
jerry 94 gs300