J D Powers Survey

Yep! Them ole Jay boy haz bin at it agin! Dun surveyed alla them drivers out there and guess whut?! Guess whut number ole Mercedes has - too durn high fer an ole coot laik me ta even kount up to - even ifn I
uses all my fangers an toes an other misc body parts! Mercedes Benz is NUMBER 18 !!!!!! WOWWWWW!!!!! 240 problems reported per 100 vehicles and the industry average is only 227 !!!!!! YEEEEEEHAAA !!!! GO MERCEDES !!!! KEEP ON BEATING THE AVERAGES !!!!!!!!
mcbrue cheeringly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
96 S420
Appalling.
DAS
"mcbrue" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
mcbrue wrote:

Yup, the cars do suck.
mcbrue wrote:

Is this the survey of three year old cars?
Mercedes claims that those problems are in the past.
I have seen no data to support or refute that.
Their sales are up significantly for whatever reason.
I hope the new Sprinter has high quality since I want one.
.

I find Mercedeses' claims that it has solved its quality problems both funny and pathetic. The sorts of systemic engineering problems that mercedes has in its electrical and electronic systems are not things that can be fixed over night, and quite honestly, if they had the engineers capable of repairing these problems, I don't think that these guys would have done their engineering work so poorly in the first place. That also doesn't address the mechanical problems caused by poor construction that also seems to be going on. Mercedes has a long way to go to solve its quality issues, and hopefully they will be able to do that, but I don't think that it can be a one year or two year fix.
Hazey wrote:

You are right!
Regards, Mauro