Air Dun Gone Agin!

Wuz ridin down ta tha Holy City for tha weekend an that dad ratted ole air stopped cooling tha car! So I called Smilin Sam an he says it looked like maybe the vacuum had left cause there was lots of noise like air running around in the air conditioner when I turned up the volume button for the fan, but not much coming out of the vents. So as I talked to him on the phone, it started working. And it kept working, sort of, till I got on the road back today. Then it just slowed down and stopped putting out cold air again. But when I punch up the fan speed, I hear this roaring in the dash like it is realllllly cooling. When I push that little button that makes it blow up or down or in according to one of the three arrow directions, the display won't show it switching to "in" and there is no change in the volume of air out the windshield vents or the ones out of the dash. What does that sound like has gone rong? Could it be the evaporator or something they put in within the last month or so? Could it be a brand new problem with the vacuum? Why should anyone buy a new Mercedes or Maybach with this sort of problem. I haven't had AC problems with a car other than a Mercedes since I started buying my own cars 40 years ago!!!!

mcbrue heatedly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

Where's that?

You couldn't have driven to Jerusalem in a weekend, even in a big Merc... unless it's on the US East Coast somewhere...

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

McBrue... the logic is if you buy a new Maybach, you got a warranty with the car... eh? All fix are free.....

I think the squirrel cage (fan fins) is broken or loose on the fan motor.

Reply to
Tiger

The Holy City is where the Ashley and Cooper rivers come together at the Battery in Charleston SC to form the Atlantic Ocean.

mcbrue patrioticaly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

McBrue, I love ya buddy and your contributions to this group are priceless but you gotta get rid of that 96 S car. (Even if you but a different 96 S car) Without a doubt you got a lemon. My 96 E was toppled end over end on a highway by the teenage son of its previous owner and written off/reconstructed and I have never known the bills you've seen.

Shawn, satisfactorily Mercedes drivingly for now and everly despite modest repair bills, here in the frozen north.

Reply to
Shawn

I KNEW it; East Coast...

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Haha... I think he is in North Carolina.

Reply to
Tiger

The Holy City is in South Carolina. I am in South Carolina in Greenville at the other end of the state where the mountains start.

mcbrue southernly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

Ahh... now I know where to look for when I come and change out your Michelins...

Reply to
Tiger

Tha old S Kar goes toooo fast fer ya ta catch it ta take them ole Michelins off it! Course ifn ah had sum a them slo old non-Michelin tires on it .... :-)

mcbrue michelinly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

Man gotta sleep sometime McBrue...

Reply to
Tiger

WELL ya could have gotten broken here at the DOG STEALER ship on Hlton Head.

yah kind of have to wonder who's running the show here, the 2 legged one or the 4 legged one with slobber on its face

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man

Yep! Never did figger out if it was lump or some guy running that place! Haven't been to HH since spring. Kinda miss it. May have to buy something there so I can rent it out and go inspect it every so often! Of course I don't suppose there is anything for sale there ...

mcbrue inlandishly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

WE GOT A BRIDGE