Project Jay-Lo

Well....

I managed to get a bit more done on sis's Jay-Lo, the door pillars footwells and bulkhead have been repaired and I've nearly finished the rear crossmember welding for it's replacement, just going to overlap the welds with another set of plates to ensure that it's stronger than ever just in case any winching / heavy recovery is conducted using the rear towbar / jate rings if fitted later. Dads done all the time consuming bits such as wing removal and building a near side rear door frame for £5 worth of metal (new) instead of £150 for the replacement article....amazing what you can do with a hack saw , drill , grinder and a little time....the result is a frame stronger than the origional.

Anyway, for the benifit of anyone doing any of the following repairs who may come across this message either on an archive search or reading at the time,

Door pillars footwells bulkhead rear crossmember replacement window slides (Sis and Mum did these..credit to them)

then the site linked here has to be of value if only for encouragement. Also a timely thanks to the sites host too. :-)

Regards

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Ahh, so it's free hosting for all 101 owners now?

;-)

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Not free but..... that would be this link....

Lee

-- Project Percy - Jaguar 4.2 and Auto in to Series IIa 88 see it @

101Ambi '76 / IIa - Percy '64 / Rangie TD '90

alt.fan.landrover hall of fame -

Lee_D

That would be great :) It would make it a bit quiet here though!

BTW, are there any plans to do anything useful on the club website? It doesnt seem much use at the moment.

Also, you dont happen to know anything about the 'staffordshire rescue' people do you?. Im just interested as my dad says that yesterday he saw a 101 ambi with their name on the side, and it appeared to be in service. painted white with proper blue ambulance stripes/decals on the side. I didnt know that there were still any 101's being used properly.. (and I was curious to see what company me and Lee had locally!)

I'm full of questions today arnt i! :)

Tom

Reply to
Tom Woods

I doubt that would ever happen!

For my own sanity I try to keep 'what I do for the club' limited to what I've said I'll do for the club. In other words, the club website is not my responsibility, and neither do I ever want it to be :-)

Nope.

If you find out, do let me know.

Reply to
Mother

I know how you feel! I do a lot of scouting stuff here...

Would be nice if some 101's were still doing ambulancing duties!

I shall keep an eye out for them! I always miss the 101 sightings locally, whereas everybody i know sees lots of them (apart from Lee, who I keep seeing out in Morph!) Dad saw the 101 in tesco's carpark, and said he'd taken his camera out of the car just before he left home! (that always happens!).

Ive googled a bit. It could be belonging to

're website uses all the same layout and buttons/images as theemlra.org one
so i presumethat theyre either connected, or good at copying/pasting :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

"Lee_D"

Right, now the Rear spring hangers Hav'in the treatment and Lee D gets up close and personal with the BBQ ;-)

Lee D