Left Outside Mirror - Replaceable?

My driver's side outside mirror has some kind of creeping tarnish on the back. I understand that there is some kind of antiglare chemical on the back
that fails when the sealed edge of the mirror looses its integrity. Question is, can this be fixed/replaced, how is that done & where can I get the parts? I won't ask if it's expensive because it's Mercedes and OF COURSE it's expensive!!! ;-)
TIA
Dave
--
Veritas vos Liberabit - John 8:32

What model Mercedes, Dave? All the models I've owned have mirrors that are silvered on the outside, which makes them touchy to clean, but eliminates double reflections, especially those noticeable at night. Are you sure the tarnish is on the back and not the front?

Sorry, it's a 1998 C230 and the mirror has some kind of green tint to it, that I understand is a special chemical for antiglare. The tarnish is definitely not on the outside, I have tried to remove it.
Dave

You mean you need new mirror glass?
Wrecking yards are a good source. I don't think they're terribly expensive new though. The larger question is are they still available.