looking for a reliable Mercedes parts in Canada

Could anyone refer me to a reliable Canadian or American Mercedes parts dealer? Email me at
snipped-for-privacy@SPAMzeuter.com (remove SPAM)

Where in Canada are you?
cp
Best place for most parts is a Mercedes Dealer.
They are quite often no more expensive than aftermarket parts, especially after paying for shipping, duty, brokerage etc.
I have bought parts through local distributor of Altrom : They have price list on http://www.altrom.com/cadDefault.aspx
Another source, is http://www.netcomparts.com/MBspecials.htm
If anyone knows of others, please post!
http://www.mgz.org http://www.discountmbparts.com
I have used them both and have been more than pleased.
GBM wrote:

Those are both US based companies. The first one should be www.mbz.com, I would think. If this is Rusty, be sure he WILL ship to Canada and find out how much it will be. Same with other one.
Many US based companies insist on shipping UPS - UPS charge very high brokerage charges and other fees, especially on small orders.
Be careful before ordering from USA. Best is to have items shipped to UPS Store near border, if you are close to a crossing.
I've got to second an earlier recomendation to buy from a Mercedes Dealer. I do believe their prices are not excessive. I've been buying parts for two aging cars (190 and 300) over the last few years. Besides, the mechanics there are usually a fountain of knowledge .... at least if you can figure out which one of them is the nice one :-) In my dealership (Kitchener, ON) they've got a retired service advisor on staff who knows these cars inside out and who has been very helpful to a novice 'wrencher' like myself with limited experience.
cheers, guenter
~ ~ ~ ~
It is http://www.mbz.ORG . the .com address will get you a Mercedes dealership in California.
GBM wrote:

Thom - This gets you to Rusty - Here is a direct quotation from his site:
"MBZ.org To calculate freight we need the zip code of your shipping address and desired method of shipment. Zip, Country, and Ship method must be entered
We only ship to the USA and do not support APO/FPO or International orders "
So, this site is not of much help to the person who asked where to buy parts in Canada!
True, but he asked for Canadian or American, not indicating his country of orgin. Also, is Canada considered International? Since he needs to know the COUNTRY, then he should ship to something other than a US address, otherwise, why ask the country?
GBM wrote:

TRUE - The site does not make sense.
Why ask which country when he goes on to state :
"WE ONLY SHIP TO THE USA "

Maybe to double check for stupid people who think shipping to Canada isn't international.
You're right...good question...
I guess at least southern Ontario is part of the USA... (but I mustn't say that loudly in case I get flamed).
DAS
..... ahem, indeed we 'are' considering dumping the queen and seperate from 'canada' along with west east and maritimes ..... :-) At the moment though, we have a lovely lady as the Queens rep (Michaelle Jean) who will no doubt help promote the monarchy for the time being .... and keep us all together and happy
cheers

Guenter,
I don't care who she represents, but the more they show of her the better!
I noted during my recent trip that "Regina" (Queen) had been left off some of the new coins...
:-) DAS
"Guenter Scholz" < snipped-for-privacy@sciborg.uwaterloo.ca> wrote in message
news:dkoaic$k94$ snipped-for-privacy@rumours.uwaterloo.ca...
snipped-for-privacy@nn.pp21.com snipped-for-privacy@nn.pp21.net snipped-for-privacy@uu.pp21.com snipped-for-privacy@uu.pp21.net snipped-for-privacy@tt.pp21.net snipped-for-privacy@tt.pp21.com