Toyota AYGO in Canada?

I found out about this inexpensive fun looking car today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
&YkUdFgbuw
I saw a posting on Edmunds.com that mentioned it might be in the US in
08 - does anyone know about Canada? I'd love for it in deisel here with the miles I drive.
AndrewB

Toyota sells very few vehicles in the U.S. that are not also sold in Canada. If it goes on sale in the U.S., then chances are, it will be available in Canada as well.
I was reading an article about the Smart Car, and I was surprised that the writer was only getting about the same fuel economy as a Corolla or Yaris on the highway, since the Smart is smaller than either car.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)
On Wed, 2 May 2007, Ray O wrote:

don't be surprised; many here in Canada have tried the Smart Fortwo and taken the Echo/Yaris/Vitz - for the power available the gasser Toyota is better and is much more practical. For $20K, Smart isn't IMHO. For $8K, maybe...
Stef (95 Corolla, power nothing, putting on JY fender tomorrow)