M class has a leak in the passenger foot well Please help!

My 2000, ML 270 class has a leak in the passenger footwell. For some reason I think it might be due to the sunroof's drainage system - but that's just a hunch. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Alan, London.

Reply to
> > > Alan

Sorry I just reread that last post and my request is a bit unclear. Does any body know if it is a common problem on the M class, or is it just my luck!?

Alan

Reply to
> > > Alan

Are you sure it's not a clogged or loose A/C evaporator drain? If you've been using the A/C (or front defogger) lately, that could be the culprit. It could be a leak in the sunroof drain, but that is not common at all. Also, IIRC (and I could easily be mistaken), the sunroof drain is not in the "inside" of the A-pillar, so it won't leak into the cabin. An easy way to check is to make sure you park uphill so that only the rear sunroof drain would be used.

Reply to
Rodney T. Grill

It only leaks when it rains hence I dont think the air conditioner is the issue.What actual pipes are in the A-pillar passenger side as it even leaked from the actual a-pillar one torrential rainy day (as well as the on going leak from the underside of the dash board close top the door hinge)?

Thanks Alan

Reply to
> > > Alan

I believe there are four drains for the pan that sits under the sunroof; one on each corner of it. The fronts drain through the A-pillars and the rears, I *believe* drain through the C-pillars. Maybe one of the hoses from the front passenger-side drain is broken, or maybe it has just come loose from the pan. It's fairly easy to remove the interior A-pillar trim and also the rubber trim around the sunroof opening to pull down the headliner to see what's going on in there.

Reply to
Rodney T. Grill

it may be plugged up.

i blew my gas flap drain out with a drycleaner cardbord tube by blowing through it.

i don't know much about your sunroof though

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man

I don't have it sorted yet,but I just wanted to say thanks for the help.

Alan

Reply to