M class has a leak in the passenger foot well Please help!

My 2000, ML 270 class has a leak in the passenger footwell. For some reason I think it might be due to the sunroof's drainage system - but that's just
a hunch. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Alan, London.
Sorry I just reread that last post and my request is a bit unclear. Does any body know if it is a common problem on the M class, or is it just my luck!?
Alan

Are you sure it's not a clogged or loose A/C evaporator drain? If you've been using the A/C (or front defogger) lately, that could be the culprit. It could be a leak in the sunroof drain, but that is not common at all. Also, IIRC (and I could easily be mistaken), the sunroof drain is not in the "inside" of the A-pillar, so it won't leak into the cabin. An easy way to check is to make sure you park uphill so that only the rear sunroof drain would be used.
--

- RODNEY

It only leaks when it rains hence I dont think the air conditioner is the issue.What actual pipes are in the A-pillar passenger side as it even leaked from the actual a-pillar one torrential rainy day (as well as the on going leak from the underside of the dash board close top the door hinge)?
Thanks Alan

I believe there are four drains for the pan that sits under the sunroof; one on each corner of it. The fronts drain through the A-pillars and the rears, I *believe* drain through the C-pillars. Maybe one of the hoses from the front passenger-side drain is broken, or maybe it has just come loose from the pan. It's fairly easy to remove the interior A-pillar trim and also the rubber trim around the sunroof opening to pull down the headliner to see what's going on in there.
--

- RODNEY

it may be plugged up.
i blew my gas flap drain out with a drycleaner <pants> cardbord tube by blowing through it.
i don't know much about your sunroof though
the case, minus a few cans!
I don't have it sorted yet,but I just wanted to say thanks for the help.
Alan