Miles per gallon

I have a W126 1987 300SE 66,000 miles. which is a delight and replaced my 1981 107 380SL. I realise that it is a heavy beast but wonder what other owners are
achieving on a short and long journey. Also interested to hear views as to where this model sits in the pecking order of must have MBs. Many thanks Jim

Don't know aboug the "pecking order". However, my heavier beast (87 300SDL) averages right at 26.5 mpg in mixed hiway/city driving. GVA is around 4800 pounds.
--
Cheers,
Kurt

I get 25-33 in my 83 300SD.
*IMO* the 126 was the best ever MB. I'd kinda like to stick with this chassis for a while. At least as a practical car. I like the 111 coupe second best.
According to fueleconomy.gov... you should be getting 17 city and 19 highway. based on 1988 300SE.
Tiger wrote:

Thank you everyone, I am getting low 20's on mixed jorneys with as light a right foot as I can manage. I guess the diesel cars give better mileage than petrol. Maybe next time. Jim
Tiger wrote:

Thank you everyone, I am getting low 20's on mixed journeys with as light a right foot as I can manage. I guess the diesel cars give better mileage than petrol. Maybe next time. Jim
Sounds like you are in UK... Imperial Gallon is more than US gallon so it sounds like you are on the target of normal fuel mileage.