Motor oil for older MBZ

I have a 89 300E with 180k miles. I drive in warm S.Cal.
A friend of mine is recommending that I get special motor oil for my car. He said I should look at "turbo" / high perf. motor oil. What
is your recommendation.
What does the manual say? Or Merc dealership?
Mobil 1 is a pretty good synthetic oil, if you are not using it now.
What is your current oil consumption? Do you need to top up much between recommended service intervals?
DAS
Castrol produce an oil in the UK for cars with over 70,000 miles

http://www.AutoForumz.com/Mercedes-Benz-Motor-oil-older-MBZ-ftopict71702.html
http://www.AutoForumz.com/eform.php?p18815
See: http://api-ep.api.org/filelibrary/Guidechart2002.pdf