My first car

Indeed. One quote is enough:

Subject: Mavis Beacon is a liar and a troll

:-)))) DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

Exactly right, as Juergen found out.

I had one quick look in Google and found the heading I posted a bit further up. Juergen obviously spent another ten mins doing it to find all those sites.

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

Driving a slow car I have to save elsewhere so I do not need ten minutes ;-)

Ok, becoming seriously:

In cases like the one with the guy from Kansas aka Beacon one uses the Google groups search: Start with

Then above the search field click on the tab Groups and in the new window click at the link right-hand to the gray Google Search button called Advanced Groups Search which leads you to
Then write Beacon in the field with the line Author Return only messages where the author is and on the right-hand top of the window change the default 10 messages to 100 messages and there you are.

When one has bookmarked the advanced groups search page

takes some seconds only to enter the name andchange the default to 100.

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

AKA a beater, junker, or P.O.S. (piece of shit), but hoopty is much more redneck. :-)

Lee

Reply to
Lee Sharp

Actually, it is quite common for some professions, like club bouncer, auditor... One of the best examples of this is the movie "Roadhouse." :-) Why risk damage to your nice car?

Lee

Reply to
Lee Sharp

More idiomatic expressions....