I've got my first Land Rover!

...not to mention my first *car*. Collected it yesterday from Wiltshire Land Rovers. And it's nice.

It's an 1987 ex-RAF Land Rover 90 hardtop, with a 2.5 n/a diesel. Still got the flag and roundel stickers and everything, and apart from a wobbly connection on the wiper motor (now held in place by an AA-issue cable tie) it runs like a dream. My Dad spent today driving it non-stop up to Scotland without a single hiccup.

Oh, and I've got a pic:

Pretty, ain't she?

Reply to
Torak

Trailer too? Sweet.

Reply to
Jack Kerouac

Torak vaguely muttered something like ...

Very, very nice.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

And the same AA van that follows mine around too :>)

MAB

Reply to
MAB

Yup, for an extra £350. Bit overpriced, I reckon, but £5500 for the Landy seems eminently reasonable for a vehicle in that condition.

Reply to
Torak

It looks good fun does that! All you need now is a good fall of snow he he

Reply to
R2D2

Very clean, too; apart from a few factory-issue specks on the panels and half a micro-dent on the driver's door, there's nor a scratch on her. And a nice, economical engine, too.

Reply to
Torak

Are you sure it is your first, my first one was a plastic friction drive toy :)

Enjoy .......

Reply to
Larry

I paid a totally unreasonable two grand for my wreck and what I have spent since is not worth thinking about but I would not swap her.

Reply to
Larry

At 18, Before i got my licence, i bought my 1st baby. A 1982 90.

Once you have the bug, youll always have a landy.

Mark

87 RR V8 EFI

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

There were no land rover 90's until 1985 surely?

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Thats what i said.

I have not just changed the date. Honest.

You are correct. She was a 1985 B reg 90.

See what i did was get confused with the year that I was born....... Easily done. (i think)

Mark.

1987 RR V8 EFI I was born in 1982.
Reply to
Mark Solesbury