My first car

Bravo, this is the best one yet. And if I may add, show some respect for your teachers, maybe their driving a hoopty to work so that you students don't vandalize their other cars. That's what's wrong with the kids today...no respect for older people. Autobahn Auto.

Reply to
Bnzmn600

If we're lucky, he'll have the car for a week, and either total it (and himself) or be car-jacked (pity if he was injured in the struggle).

Randy S

I am glad you asked that question.

BTW, that rich kid (if real) must live in LA, full of posers..;-)

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

Those postings are pure fakes I think.

And if not one can not blame the child - yes, the postings are childish - but the parents who do not know much about life, children, education amd responsibility.

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Thanks for the eyplanation - in the meantime I have used google to get some interesting definitions.

And also interesting to have learned in this thread that one teacher uses such car for driving to school only - sad he/she has to do so!

Juergen

Juergen .

Yes, I had to go to Prof Google as a specific explanation was not posted here.

Did you see the site of the collection of definitions?

One 'illustration' is:

"If I went back to a hoopty from a Benz, would you poof and disappear like some of my friends?"

Good question.

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

I went through the above except "parents buying me the car" part in the last

20 years and I am driving a 1990 VW Jetta to work now. Good for you to have nice parents!
Reply to
fpharryc

good idea! I got 2 !

one

:O) Alx

"atwifa" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bpp1o0$c4r$ snipped-for-privacy@newsreaderm1.core.theplanet.net...

Reply to
Alex Hemmerich

Juergen, a "hoopty" is what the people in the US refer to as a old oversized junky american car. Like a old Caddilac sedan deville...now I started something. Martin Autobahn Auto

Reply to
Bnzmn600

Looks like somewhere in Europe, nice Brick houses with real roofs in the back ground. Martin. Autobahn Auto Ich bin ein Berliner

Reply to
Bnzmn600

...correct! not only that...but also ON the Autobahn! :O) thnx guys... U R Great!

Alx

"Bnzmn600" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m26.aol.com...

Reply to
Alex Hemmerich

Now that you have gotten honest information on your first car,

( and shown a rudeness and hypersensitivity that one hopes is a function of your age and not your innate personality, as well as a boring conformity in car choices that suggests a lack of imagination ),

perhaps you can return the favor and tell us about your first girl.

( How old was she, what did she look like, boink location, boink skills, boink difficulties, types and quantities of consciousness modifiers etc. )

Thanks in advance.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Slang of limited usage and use.

.

Dori Schmetterl> I am glad you asked that question.

Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Thanks, RG + JQ + Wintermute, for the intelligent replies.

I did *not* ask for liberal commie nazi comments on social issues.

I *did* ask the group an open-ended question and expected intelligent responses. My mistake was in not qualifying my query by inviting only those with IQ > 200 need reply.

It certainly proves my point how immature these old farts really are: look all that hostility and jealousy!

Hey, Dori Schmetterling, didn't you say your employer bought you your old-ass Merc? Who's the "poser" now? No, I'm not from California. Duh! That you would say such a thing just proves your stupidity.

Does Mercedes market to low-class old fart losers like Juergen, et al.?

Poor loser Juergen simply "does not believe" that American teenagers drive *low end* luxury cars and recommends against buying any new car, including a Merc. rotflol

Mercedes should post a disclaimer here that Juergen does not work for or otherwise represent MB in Stüttgart and that he is actually one of the uneducated and unemployed losers from the ex-East German ghettos.

The reality is that Juergen is full of envy and jealousy: he goes around posting all day about his crappy 20-year-old Merc while the world's future -- i.e., Americans a third of his old fart age -- are driving around in brand new Mercs or better!

;~) ;~P ;~)

Are BMW owners really more superior? We shall see. BMW people, please state your case.

To be continued ...

Reply to
Beacon

oooh...on 2nd thought...dont get one

just had the timing belts done on the 355 and some other stuff! every 3 years or 20k mi

its just a big hassle...

have a look how they have to disassemble the whole chassis

1)
they are fun to drive, but pray, that nothing has to be repaired... parts come from italy and take about a month

if this is boring and too far off topic...just give me a hint!

alx

83 240D 250k 92 190E 160k

some fs with 20k :O)

"Alex Hemmerich" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bpu50e$d92$ snipped-for-privacy@nets3.rz.RWTH-Aachen.DE...

Reply to
Alex Hemmerich

"The people" of the US do not use this term. Some peeple do.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

That was an awfully rude and hypersensitive reply that you made in an entirely new thread just to reply to this post. Why did you not just reply to this post instead of starting a new one?

I understand that you may not feel comfortable replying to my query.

If you are a virgin you should not be ashamed.

Do you try to cover up the fact that you cannot get laid by being rude and insulting?

Perhaps Usenet gives you an outlet for the rudeness and hypersensitivity that builds up in you as you embrace your teacher's personal parts in your quest for your high grades, advanced placement and college references.

Is this why you repeatedly express contempt for your teachers? Your teachers are not forcing you to be a brown nosing little weasel.

Why don't you just take off the kneepads in your daily life and then you will not need to vent on Usenet posters?

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Beacon wrote: (the usual nonsense)

It is too obvious you are not the person you claim to be (a 16-year old student etc. pp.).

This month alone you trolled in alt.auto.mercedes alt.politics.usa.republican so.culture.latin.america alt.law-enforcement soc.culture.irish alt.obituaries ni.politics alt.talk.royalty alt.politics.bush sci.skeptic alt.conspiracy

I am so sorry for you poor soul from Kansas!

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Glad to hear you're a doughnut... :-)

It's what John Kennedy really said but, I suppose, we knew what he really meant...

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling