Oxygen sensor Question?

not sure on this one, but someone might help.have a 300e w124 with the m103 motor. starts great when stone cold, but once when warm it stills starts but
with greater starter time, and when it fires it runns fine for a second then dips in the revs only just to recover the idle again.but now only sometimes it doesnt recover and just stalls, but restarts.ok with that dip in the reves again, your help appreciated
The O2 sensor does nothing until it warms up and the Lamba system goes into closed loop.
Look elsewhere, like at the idle mixture adjustment.... sounds like it is too lean.

Karl wrote:

I had a similar problem with an E320. MB replaced the O2 sensor three times under warranty. It did not solve the problem. After the third replacement they told me they repaired a leak in some air system, and the problem went away.
HTH, EJ in NJ
Karl wrote:

I had a similar problem with an E320. MB replaced the O2 sensor three times under warranty. It did not solve the problem. After the third replacement they repaired a leak in some air system, and the problem went away.
HTH, EJ in NJ