Purchase info W124 T

Hello All,

Im considering a W124 E 280 T or a E 320 T. Are all automatic gearboxes 5 speed? Does this model in later years (1995-1996) rust just as much as the W140 and W210 so I should look for a car not later than 1994?

Is there anything specific to wach out for?

/Peter, SWEDEN

Reply to
Peter

NO, there was always the choice of

4-speed auto trans (and 5-speed man trans).

No.

The usual things like odometer fraud , the ignition lock, the effect of the emergency brake etc. Also check the awful single-blade wiper, when it is too slow it sooner or later will stop working, means a lot of money for repair. Also check if the electric closing mechanism of the tailgate functions well.

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Don't know of any rust problems.

eats brakes and rotors. I'm about out of the extended warranty on my

95 E320, so will be switching to after-market parts which allegedly last longer (well, allegedly because I personally can't say anything about them, but the stock Merc pads and rotos get chewed up).

Then the usual stuff from the group : head gasket, wiring harness, motor mounts, water pump, probably a couple more (I've had them all so would have to look up the service orders).

Nice car. Just did the leather a couple of weeks ago and marveled and how the rug rats failed to destroy the interior, despite their best efforts. Solid ride and handling. Great cargo room.

Reply to
GT

Hi!

We have an E280T in the Family. 1995. 200000km on the clock, no Rust (we also have a W210 E430T from 1999 which has Rust on the doors an is already traded in for a new W211 E320T CDI), runs absolutly fine. The gearboxes are: Manual: 5speed Automatic: 5 Speed, at least the later models. I also had an 300TD T fro 1991, it had a Fourspeed Automatic transmission, I sold it 1995 with 275000 km....;-)

Niels "Peter" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BZr4b.26385$ snipped-for-privacy@newsc.telia.net...

Reply to
Niels Franker