T I R E S

Hello guys,

Just got a set of all-season tires............

50,000 mile tires...........

Good ride..........

Good price...........

But.... they have some road "hum" - "howl" - "noise"........

ANY WORDS ???

Reply to
SSDUSER

hum - howl , just like you wrote.

Smuga

Reply to
Smuga

when they wear out in 50,000 miles don't buy the same tire again. Buy allseason Goodyear Regatta II's, there 80,000 mile tires & ride quiet.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~276,100 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Check to see if there is any of the thin rubber webbing, left over from the molding process, between the treads. If there is, yank it all out with pliers or another suitable tool. Dave

Reply to
Dave Brower

All all season tires are more noisy than regular touring tires because of their more agressive tread disign and all purpose function . The more expensive the quieter the ride, you know the old addage??

Jim.J

Reply to
Jim.J

If you bought an "off" brand of 50K tire such as the ones that Pep Boys offer for $119 for 4, then you will be replacing them in a year when they are down to the belts anyway. Had some Pep boys tires on the my truck when I bought it..and they were new then. About 18 months later I was down to the wear indicator at about 20K on the odometer. They were supposedly 50K tires. The only tires that I have seen perform up to and beyond thier ratings have been the top dollar Michelins and Goodyears. For an average priced GOOD tire, I use Firestone of BF Goodrich....never had a problem with either.

Reply to
Eightupman