Question re: tires

97 E320...
Curious which other tires other than Good Years have been used....
Perhaps for a smoother ride...
I am ready for a new set and comments/suggests would be greatly
appreciated... I would need an all season tire here in NJ... thanks!
--
B'Regards,

Vinnie
On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 17:18:21 GMT, "Uncle Vinnie"

dunlop gives a very smooth ride, but the don't last long, I go with michelins
If you want to go all season route... and still want good snow traction, I would go for the Nokian WR all season tire...
http://www.nokiantires.com /
NJ is not bad for now but notorious for ever changing conditions... which I highly recommends strictly snow tire for Northern NJ. You just need it for those days.
Put some Michelins on. They are the best tires made! Have used them over 35 years and never had a problem. They do good in snow too, at least they did in Minnesota.
mcbrue frenchtyredly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
96 S420
No Michelin McBrue... you know... one night, I will swap your tires out for a non-Michelin... I don't know how you will tell police about it...
"Darn Tiger!@? Officer, he put new tires on my car... and it is not a Michelin... What a travesty! Arrest him! Arrest him!"
hmmm ... lets see .... got about two thousand on my current set, so about 28,000 more and I will have to send my trailers address to tiger ... lets see - now where is that note holder so I won't forget
mcbrue glidingquietly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
96 S420
Just put Michelin M4V4+'s on a few hrs ago, they seem good. The Michelin snow tires I use were great in the winter as well.

Michelin MXV4 original equipment. Nice, quiet rollers M + S rated.

I had Michellin MXVs on my 300SD, they were the worst tires I ever had. The rear wheels would easily spin when starting off in any wet conditions. And this car only has 120HP! The original Pirelli CN36's were better and the Pirelli P4000s were even better. I have Goodrich Traction T/A's now and they are excellent on wet and dry pavement. Supposed to be very good on snow too, but I'll have to wait to find out.
Hope youre not offended. Over inflated tyres spin easily on wet road. I have Michellins on my volvo 740 turbo, I found its okay all year in New Zealand (sub-tropical region). Pirelli 4000 is also a good tyre. NZ made Dunlop tyres run fine and cheap but a bit noiser than the others.
Keith