RE: Tires- E320 THANKS!

I wanted to thank you for your replies to my original post, looking for advice/suggestions on a new set of tires for my '97 E320... I read the posts and when I went back a day later to re-read them, and reply, the post was gone (must be my Outlook Express setting or my server..)

Once again, thanks.. one last question- car came with 215-55-R16's... Along the way, a 225-50-R16 was suggested as an alternate... what's the difference, is it acceptable... I stumbled along Falkens, which Consumers gave high ratings to...

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie

You can look it up at Google.

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks Tiger... I've already done that, but was hoping someone might have some input... as far as I can tell, the physical difference between these 2 tires is that the substitute is fatter- more rubber to road- but a slightly smaller tire (less wall)- appearing like a low profile tire... odometer reading of 60 is actually about 59mph...

But what does this do to the engineering of the Benz and how do I know if MB recommends an alternate size- or is this the dealer 'selling it'...

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie

How about 235-45-R16? Is that OK for snow tires?

Reply to
dbmethods