Question Regarding SL500/550

The SL550(2007) has a remote control that allows you to get out of the car and it will close the top, raise the windows and lock the car as you walk way from it .
My question is, if I am correct, when did it start. The 2003 doesn't, I think. John

This started with the batmobile.

My 2004 CLK 240 can do that.... this remote function only works from the driver's side.
David
wrote:>>The SL550(2007) has a remote control that allows you to get out of the

my 93 220CE with Toad alarm can do that. Or at least it could until I started playing with the other buttons on the remote "to see what they do", and now it won't do it, d'oh!
however reading the manual it seems to be a function of the car, the manual seems to suggest that if you hold the key in the boot lock in a certain position for several seconds it will close all the windows and sunroof and lock the doors, so, remote aside, that's been available for at least 13 years.
LHC.
Must try that on the 1993 190E, which has central locking.
My 2001 CLK Cab has a version of the 'auto-window close'. It can't close the fabric roof as it requires a manual locking action but, when depressing the 'lock doors' button on the remote for a few seconds the windows come up too. Did not find out for at least a couple of years...Still don't use it.
Don't really use the window-open facility either. Usually I have a/c or open the roof.
DAS
"The LHC" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
news:p4Wng.219381$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...