SL500 to CLK55?

Thinking of getting rid of my 2003 SL500 for a 2004 CLK55AMG.

Am I crazy or is this a good move?

Brian

Reply to
Brian

That depends on your personal situation.

For example, if you had three beautiful bi girlfriends who wanted to be together a lot you would need four seats.

.
Reply to
GREEK_PHILOSOPHIZER

If it aint broken ......

Reply to
Miro

Why? (do you want to change?)

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Crazy.

Reply to
Juergen .

Drive a CLK500 before you do. I have tried to like the CLKs but the chassis stiffness and the suspension are IMHO not in the same class as the SL. There is more than the name that makes an SL cost twice as much. It may just be the weight that makes a difference. The SL is quite a bit heavier than the CLK despite being smaller. If you want to step up from the SL try the CL55 AMG. The suspension and chassis are more similar than the CLK. I drove one a few weeks ago and was very impressed. You might be able to get a deal because it is a "cold" car. There are quite a few out there despite the limited production.

Rob

Reply to
Vetluver

That CLK feels like a jeep when driving fast on a turn. I hate my CLK for that. I have a 350z Nissan that is half the price and drives 50% better than that CLK. Unless it was a financial situation to swap I wouldn't bother.

Reply to
OniIsan