Re: 2000 ML430--I am going to drive it into the ocean!!

smiza wrote:

You have tried engaging the brake by pressing on the brake pedal, haven't you? "Dieter, our cars are the same... can't remove the key until the shifter is in park. Also, can't put it in park until foot is on the brake. Not so the new ML ---- here, or there ... the new ML: no floor shifter. If you have one, there is no user option to engage park mechanically. Using the key or column stalk, take your pick - it's all electronic."
DanlK, FYI Services Collectibles www.FYIS.org Holiday Sale in progress @ http://tinyurl.com/d24pt