My battery went dead in my ML430, since it is a 2000 model, it was
probably time for it to croak. Trying to jump it, it would not charge.
So we replaced the battery.
The car staerts fine, but it will not accelerate. I had someone watch
under the hood, and the cable is working, but the engine will not rev
above idle. I reset the computer using the following procedure that I
found on the net for a 1999 model:
1. Insert he key and turn the ignition switch to the second position
the RUN position, where all the dash warning light will illuminate).
2. Press the trip odometer reset button twice quickly (it will display
miles remaining to the next service interval with either one or two
symbols indicating either an A or a B service).
3. Turn the ignition switch back to the first position
4. Press and *HOLD*
the trip odometer reset button
5. While holding the button in, turn the ignition switch back to
6. Continue holding the button until an indicator tone is heard and
mileage on the display resets.
This, I believe may have reset the computer, as I must now enter I
code for the radio, but the maintanence odometer did not zero out.
Something I noticed - a 30 Amp fuse supposed to be for the Air
Conditioner Blower was blown, but the air condition worked fine
without it!!! I replaced it with another 30 amp fuse, but that did not
solve the problem - any ideas?