Removing backup light switch...

How does one go about removing the starter lockout/backup light switch? Is it possible to do it from inside or does it have to be done from underneath?

Underneath. It's on the transmission linkage.
Larry In the back yard, under the oak.

Is it hard to get at? Is this something that a mechanic should do? Though I do have some mechanical competence :-)

even 124), it might be very tight.

(I think it's 10mm). Completely remove the lower one but just loosen the upper one. Move the switch to unlock from the top.
Thank you! I have the factory manual and all it mentions about this is that the switch is on the transmission. Thanks again!