Removing backup light switch...

How does one go about removing the starter lockout/backup light switch? Is it possible to do it from inside or does it have to be done from underneath?

Reply to
126

Underneath. It's on the transmission linkage.

Larry In the back yard, under the oak.

Reply to
Pandacat206

Is it hard to get at? Is this something that a mechanic should do? Though I do have some mechanical competence :-)

Reply to
126

Is it hard to get at? Is this something that a mechanic should do? Though I do have some mechanical competence :-)

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan

plenty space down there. However, if you have a 201 (or even 124), it might be very tight.

the cable connector, remove it. There are 2 screws (I think it's 10mm). Completely remove the lower one but just loosen the upper one. Move the switch to unlock from the top.

Thank you! I have the factory manual and all it mentions about this is that the switch is on the transmission. Thanks again!

Reply to
126