"Softened GL450 still very capable"

Softened GL450 still very capable at

Mike

Today's UK Sunday Times thinks it is large even for the USA:

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Heh!

"Reverse Tardis"

I understand that now that we have been blessed with the Doctor Who series.

This is why it is better to get a genuinely roomy vehicle like the Sprinter. Nobody will give you a hard timje about the size because they assume that you need it.

That V8 CDI sounds very nice.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Good innit? (If you like that sort of thing.)

I used to watch the series occasionally (partly because of restricted access to TV) in the late sixties and seventies but I am really hooked on this latest lot. I think I slightly preferred last year's Christopher Eccleston but otherwise I don't mind. My 9-yr-old son got hooked and for certain scenes in early episodes he hid behind the sofa, just like in the cliché...

He looks forwards to weekends: Doctor Who on Saturday evenings and Top Gear on Sunday nights (now suspended because of the upcoming World Cup -- that's football in case you don't know...)

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

I like that sort of thing.

We are only seeing the first season so I had to do a web search to find out what you meant.

I am surprised that Eccleston was replaced. He was funny.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

IIRC it was Eccleston's choice to leave the show. Plus there is a tradition of changing Doctor Who actors. David Tennant has, I think, signed up for the next series already, however. Sensible man.

I like his 'lovey assistant' Rose, but I find her accent a tad too Cockney for the role she has (my English class prejudice peeping out, perhaps?). (Billie Piper stays on, i.e.)

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

"...loveLy assistant..."

DAS