Tranny Leak?

91 300CE has an apparent leak of tranny fluid. Had the trans cooler lines replaced recently and think the leak is in the pan. What's the best way to
fix this? Car also jerks forward when I put it from P to D or any other gear. A sign of...?
Also perhaps related, I've lately been noticing a burning smell from the underside of the car. Does not smell like burning trans fluid either.. not gas. No sign of it burning oil. What else could it be?
Thanks! Danny
Trans leak... do a tranny fluid change while you are at it to replace the pan gasket.
About how much does it cost altogether to replace the gasket and the fluid?
I know you can't give an exact price just looking for a ballpark figure. $500? $1000? $1500+?
Thanks
DIY $50.oo USA, Dealer about $250.oo