V6 Smart Roadster

I was just reading about the V6 Smart Roadster, sounds like a cracking car.
They have taken two of the triples and glued them together to make a 1.4 litre V6 turbo engine, weighing 92kg, and shoved it into the Smart Roadster.
The engine develops 171bhp, and the car weights 840kg. That is a recepie for *serious* acceleration, aka Mercedes SL 500, Porsche 911 busting acceleration.
Only 10 have been made by Brabus as a "one off", with no plans for production. I reckon this is a great shame because the V6 smart would be one of the best sports cars in the world.
ONE point 4-litre six cylinder engine? ?
DAS Puzzled, of Notting Hill --

Forgot about that!
DAS --
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 02:17:14 +0100, "Oliver Keating"

Hehe, now you are talking ;-)

Any idea what the top end is? or any performance figures? Must be a proper pocket rocket, my peugeot (880kg/160bhp) is good to 150mph with a sub 6 second 0-60. A little less weight and a little more power could equate to a *fast* car!

I agree, and quite possibly for a reasonable price (although as soon as you mention Brabus the price tag probably inflates several fold!). The roadster looks great, its just crying out for some power....
Even if it was twice the cost of a normal roadster it would still put it well in the lower price range of other similar offerings from other manufacturers. Hmmmm, I want to have a go in one now.... :-/
--

Lettuce spray for whirled peas...

Reply to usenet[at]miknik[dot]co[dot]uk
On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 00:41:57 +0100, "Oliver Keating"

    Why? Porsche has put there's up front for decades!

    If it comes with no amenities, it really isn't that appealing because it limits it's day-to-day usability. If people want a stripped down racer with a good hp/weight ratio, there are lots of other options.     Emanuel
--
http://home.att.net/~epbrown01/1966-rolls.jpg
http://home.att.net/~epbrown01/1983-porsche.jpg
Oliver Keating wrote:

Add a 2 and you have the 0-62.1 mph acceleration time of my 1982 W123 240D.
Juergen
P.S.: Of course one must not add 2 seconds to 4.7 so it makes 6.7 but add the 2 in front of the 4.7 which then makes it 24.7 ;-)

So thats 6.7 secs?
Pretty good for a diesel <G>
"to multiply a number by ten, simply add zero"

dies gedichtet:

If you want a car with Brabus smart V6 specs, go and buy a Lotus Elise S. Or an Opel Speedster if you like a tight service station network.
The smart V6 is absolutely impractical, they have to remove the tank to recharge the battery and such. A pure show car.
Frank