W203 seat motors blowing fuses

Greetings to the group. My W203 C270cdi blows the 30A fuse for the drivers' seat immediately when I attempt to adjust it while sitting in it. If I get out of the car and take the weight (190 lbs) off the
seat, it works fine. The passenger seat works fine all the time. I've taken the seat out and looked at the wiring loom/harness underneath, it seems fine, no visible dead short or anything like that. What should I try next?
John
On 30.01.2008 20:46, John (Ireland) wrote:

Maybe there is a mechanical issue that can be solved with some grease or cleaning of the system. Your description sounds as if the seat engine has to bypass some kind of barrier which makes it increase the current.
HTH
Kind regards
    robert

I've got a CLK430 AMG and the driver's side seat got stuck twice and it was the fuse both times. The local MB dealership checked out the seat motor and there appears to be no problem - no elevated amp draw. They hint that maybe it would be prudent to replace the seat base mechanism including the motor, but when they further hinted that it would only set me back about $1,200 I decided it would be even more prudent if I just bought a handful of fuses instead.
--
Paddy's Pig

On 31.01.2008 20:10, Padraig wrote:

LOL - you could even use fuses with higher currents or slower reaction. :-)
    robert