wheels '79 mb 240d

I have a'79 mb 240d, just had it painted mb blue, very pretty.
but:
now the mag wheels look bad.
it looks like peeling of the top metal layer.
can i get these fixed. make to look better ?
j.
I don't know what kind of wheels you painted... steel? If so, don't bother... buy used W126 14" wheels and they will bolt on directly with zero problem... you could get them dirt cheap.
If they are aluminum wheels with a clearcoat you can get them bead blasted, then put a new clearcoat on.
Rochelle

If it's aluminum alloy wheels, there are shops that you can send them to that will completely refinish them for you, including welding out dings.