Sarasota MB

I have a 2005 SLK 350, Try to avoid the service from them & look elsewhere for a new one. They are horrible since they changed from Glauser to Sarasota. Mine has been in the shop over 35+ days for numerous problems, each time they say it is fixed it is not & there are more problems when it comes out. The techs have damaged numerous parts "fixing" something else. I asked to see the general manager but they said he does not see customers that is until I started talking in the waiting room & they took me to him. Seemed helpful then but it was just an act to shut me up. I wanted them to buy back my car with 1200 miles but they said MB won't do it & they do what MB says. The regional rep Stains & I had words before so he won't do anything to help & MB USA does what the regional rep says. Now that it is Sarasota MB a part of AutoNation they could care less for the customer, Glauser was always good to the customers. So avoid Sarasota MB at all costs, they are less then useless. Now I will be going through with the lemon law since Sarasota does not want to cooperate. While I was talking to another customer he told me he was charged 3 hours labor, he said he watched & the tech worked 1 hour & was gone from the car 2 hours (lunch). So avoid these stealers, you can get a better price, better service & most important better customer service & caring elsewhere. If I sound bitter it is because I am, I always thought when you buy an MB it is special, I have had 4 including this one, all 3 from Glauser & 1 from these so & so. Some people might say this is sour grapes that is until it happens to them. A Benz is no longer the same Benz it used to be especially with dealers like Sarasota MB. If you live in Florida shop elsewhere for your MB they will not treat you well.

Reply to
Stephen Rabinowitz

"Stephen Rabinowitz earthlink.net>" I have a 2005 SLK 350, Try to avoid the service from them & look elsewhere

Reply to
Stephen Rabinowitz

Stephen Rabinowitz "Stephen Rabinowitz earthlink.net>" news:nzfoe.15236$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...

I hear what you are saying, sad part is that many of the dealers work in such a manner. I remember my dad talking about dealers that would put cork dust in the differential to cut out noise and leather for conrod & main bearings. That was in the 40's but things of that nature haven't stopped. I've given up on American cars in general because the dealers practice decipt. Currently we have 2 Subarus. So far they've treated us right, even gave us a short block when the engine developed piston slap (short skirts) at 50,000- miles.

Today we went to look at a coupe of MBs at a Cadillac dealer. I suddenly thought about the problems I've had with GM in general and it's almost turned me off. The only MB dealer is 50 miles away in Spokane, WA. Just how different can he be! I may stick with Subaru, but I really don't want to. We'd like to start traveling in our old age and the Subaru isn't the most comfortabe car on the road.

Reply to
Don.

Reply to
Stephen Rabinowitz