When will the new V8 replace the current

Does anybody have an idea about when the new 5.5 l engine will turn up in other models? Will it replace the current 5 l engine in the e-class this autumn?
Per http://lowdin.nu
I take it your local MB marketing dept and/or local dealer cannot or will not comment?
DAS
"Per Lwdin" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%rJFf.43969$ snipped-for-privacy@newsb.telia.net...

I believe they do not know. Have a S211 with the old engine and would like to have one with the new.
Per http://lowdin.
My guess would be that they do know but would rather not say since they need to sell the cars on the lot. Only guessing I should emphasize.
.

I am not convinced it is that simple. They just introduced the R-class with the old engine, in fact it is still in all V8 cars except the S-class. My local dealer said it was going to come in the SL too. Perhaps there is a shortage of the new engine they might have to retool etc.
Per
You may have a point. Perhaps they only want the marqee vehicles to have the new engine for the time being or it is retooling. Fortunately that is not the case with the new V6 CDI.
.
The SL-Roadster now is offered with 5,5-litre V8 in Germany. I never understand why the Germans call it S500 and SL500 when the American edition is S550 and SL550. Anyone care to explain the oddity?
By the way, the ML63 is released next month with R63 this autumn in Germany. Will the 6,3-litre V8 enjoy the same sales success in the USA as its superseded supercharged 5,5-litre V8? I think Americans have a thing for the forced-induction system...