Will New, Cleaner Diesel Cars Fuel Comeback in U.S.?

Page 3 of 3
Writes:

you
These
I work for a living, so I don't spend all my time hanging out in Usenet. Once again, can you address the question I asked? Didn't think so.
Writes:

whining
What was your question?
Writes:

trying
doubt
hospital.
our
reality...
Lay off the drugs before you post, dude. :O|
Stan de SD wrote:

Yeah! And while we're at it, put the lead back in. Some people clearly haven't been getting enough.
If you are a human activity (CO2) caused "global warming" believer and think that diesels are better than otto cycle engines in that regard, you might want to think again. Read:
http://www.stanford.edu/dept/news/pr/02/jacobsonJGR1023.html
--

- GRL

"It's good to want things."
GRL wrote:

That's old news. Ultra-low-sulfur Diesel fuel, mandated in the US starting July 2006, cuts particulate emissions to near zero. Sequestering plant fibre waste from BioDiesel in landfills or the sea creates a net reduction of atmospheric CO2.
I just wish I could buy a Diesel-electric hybrid car now, instead of a Prius. Ten years hence this technology could wean us completely from Saudi oil.
Newsbeitrag

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A60923-2004Feb21?language=printer
What about Tolerable Daily Intoxication (TDI), or as I call it here in Germany: Tod Durch Intoxikation ?
Or what about Collective Diesel Intoxication (CDI) ?
You should drive with a convertible here in germany behind a few TDI's/CDI's.
Or you may join my program here in Germany for Diesel exhaust reduction, called by me: "Programm zur Dieselabgasrckfhrung". The diesel Exhaust is refeeded into the driver cabin and thus the collective toxicity of the diesel exhaust is very effectively reduced.
Raymund Hofmann

So the lack of malodorousness claimed for the new diesels is a fiction?
I was hoping that was not true. The Sprinter looks like it would make a good beach van.
.