Filter Stuck in Housing

Has anyone had a problem with getting the filter out of the housing once off the engine? All was a breeze until I tried to remove the filter itself.

Reply to
VaClassicRider

I presume you are talking about the OIL filter, if so, then they are a bit tricky to pull out of the plastic cap set up. they can be a bit tight and sometimes they break off, leaving a small portion in the bottom, check the new filter and compare it with the old one, make sure you have all the bits,? I usually sand the edge of the disc section at the bottom of the new filter, this makes it fit better and also aids smoother removal next time, HTH Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

I presume you are talking about the OIL filter, if so, then they are a bit tricky to pull out of the plastic cap set up. they can be a bit tight and sometimes they break off, leaving a small portion in the bottom, check the new filter and compare it with the old one, make sure you have all the bits,? I usually sand the edge of the disc section at the bottom of the new filter, this makes it fit better and also aids smoother removal next time, HTH Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Thanks Fritzy... got it done!

Reply to