hemel hempstead explosion

#dum dum dum, another one bites the dust# at the very end of the video stream, in the last frames, I swear there's the empty shell of a bini shown

Mian

It was probably an exploding BINI that set it all off?

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Your not suggesting that the fuel filler sparked it off are you Taffy, ;-) Fitzy

Fitzy

Until we here to the contrary that's a working theory... :-)

Pedro

Reply to
Pedro

Duh, until you "here" to the contrary.

Reply to
not you

What scares me is that most of these folks are British or from colonies of the British empire.

Poor writ>

Reply to
Tatiele

Gentlemen.

What I should have said was "Until we "hear" to the contrary that's a working theory"

Simple typing error and thank you for pointing this out.

Please accept my apologies.

I was trying to add a little Teutonic humour to the debate, supporting the suggestion that the unfortunate fire at HH may have been caused by the alleged pyrotechnic properties of some of the early BINIs.

Now then. Enough of the small talk.

How is that fabulous Yellow Moke of yours Mr Bad Apple?

I really enjoyed your website, and some first class pictures. Did it survive due to the Californian climate or did you have extensive restoration to do to get it into such good condition?

Peter

Reply to
Pedro

I purchased this particular car from Don Racine, owner of Mini Mania Enterprises -

so I am not sure how long it's been stateside. It was originally RHD and I converted it back to the proper and righteous LHD - lol. I am glad you like my car Pedro, it is a labour of love certainly. Did you see the before pictures?

Reply to
Tatiele

I saw them all.

A source of inspiration.