Another one (good parts store) bites the dust

A friend of mine who owns a shop told me about this a couple days ago, just had a chance to confirm it online

If the link doesn't explain, Advance is buying Carquest... which sucks from my perspective; I have a much higher opinion of Carquest than I do Advance :/ Also, there is a Carquest in a shopping center a long walk from me and an Advance a block farther away; I'm assuming that one of those two stores will close. NAPA is too far to walk (I could ride a bike, but there's a really scary intersection I'd have to navigate across a major highway...)

Actually NAPA bought an independent parts chain with 5 or 6 locations that I really liked a few years back, but honestly, the quality and service doesn't seem to have suffered at all, I always did like NAPA so that wasn't a totally horrible deal from a consumer's perspective.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

A NAPA store near me, those people who work in there, a few years ago they would not let me use their rest room to take a leak. I will NEVER go to any NAPA stores EVER again!

Reply to
JR

NAPA stores are francises I believe. Checked to make sure, and they are:

Brent

Dug deeper, they aren't francises... but are independently owned.

Reply to
Brent

some are, some aren't.

I use to work for a independent napa. The difference is the independent stores can buy outside the napa group. Corporate stores have to buy from napa only

Reply to
m6onz5a

For years I wouldn't go to a Burger King because I had an antenna ripped of my truck while driving through a drive through. Now I realize it probably saved my life. Lenny

Reply to
captainvideo462009

so you'd be dead if you could still listen to the radio?

fascinating!

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

I don't listen to radio when I am driving, it makes me nervous. In fact I removed the radio from my van to keep it from being stolen.

Reply to
JR

Who would want a 6 volt, AM dial radio?

Reply to
.

Crackheads. During the Crack Epidemic of the eighties in Atlanta, my roommate had the AM radio stolen from his Impala. The thieves left it on the street a block away when they realized what it was.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

About a year ago, a guy was going around in my neighborhood burglerizing, a mong some of the things he stold from a neighbor who lives on the street be hind me, he stole the radio out of my neighbor's older model diesel Mercede s Benz car. When my neighbor told me about that I removed the radios from m y 1978 Dodge van and my 1983 Dodge van. I hardly ever listened to those rad ios anyway. I am a junk collector, I own over 300 radios, most of them I bo ught at Goodwill many years ago. Currently, I am listening to WJNT talk rad io on my Aluratek Internet clock radio. I can tune in radio stations all ov er the World, also on my 32'' screen Sony Google TV set too.

Reply to
JR

yikes! I hope the team of psychiatrists discovers your escape from the institution soon.

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

A 1982 Chevrolet van Idoor window and stold the radio. My 1978 Dodge van wa s twelve years old when I bought it.It didn't come from the factory with a radio, it didn't even have a hole for the antenna. I bought a radio at a K Mart store. I installed the radio, I drilled a hole in the right front cowl for the antenna. Years ago that radio quit working, I checked the fuse and wire connections, it still wouldn't work. The radio that was in my 1983 Do dge van got to where it would drift off station. I just don't care that muc h for listening to radio when I am driving anymore. Ten minutes drive to th e food store, I don't miss the radio. I listen to radio when I am at home. Sometimes when I am out and about I see people in their cars and they aren' t listening to their car radios either.

Reply to
JR