One Vs Cooper, pre-2007 BINIs

Can anyone tell me the differences between a MINI One and a MINI Cooper for the pre-2007 BMW models? I know that for instance they both have the same 1.6 engine with different software tuning and they have slightly different suspension - and alloys. But is that it? Is it really just a marketing / Branding thing? ...am I missing someting?

Reply to
BillCo