Mini Cooper front Grille differences

Can some please explain, some standard coopers have front ends like this

some like this:
with set in lights at the bottom of the bumper some like this,
with the chrome bar going across the grille I've also seen some with chrome round the round lights. Can someone please tell me which optional extras/packs change the look of the front end? and can they be retro fitted?

Reply to
mark

Different facelifts. My 04 cooper has the first one. I love the most recent one and would, if I could, have my front end changed in favour of it.

Reply to
Paul

we just got an 04 too and it has the first pic front end. I must admit I do prefer the look of the others

Reply to
mark

They are not all "facelifts" -

the yellow car is an early cooper model ie pre 05, without the front fog option pack

the light blue car is a cooper S - the one with the supercharger and bonnet scoop,

the third (red) is a facelifted standard cooper (non S) made i think 05 onwards. This model now comes with (as the original poster said) a chrome bar near the number plate, and chrome bezels round the front fog lights

Reply to
Ryan Shaw