anyone tried these?

thinking of whacking a dvd player head unit in the car, anyone tried these?

Reply to
Vamp

link helps

Vamp

In article , snipped-for-privacy@none.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

This might be more up your street.

(has the option of a European tuner setup)

Cheaper and quicker than building a CarPC.

Has Auxiliary input for if you decide to go the CarPC later for SatNav and fancy stuff like a Bluetooth handsfree trough the PC.

And then get yourself one of these (not Motorised)

(Does both Pal and NTSC video) Has VGA for when you go CarPC, and normal Composite for the DVD player until you do.

Total, $890 (£490.484 GBP). Job Jobbed.

2 din slots filled, and all you need later is a Super slim Epia Based PC when you want to upgrade fitted behind or under one of your seats.
Reply to
MeatballTurbo

that's exactly what i'm after with the option to go car pc later, still like the sun visor idea for the screen though. MKII MR2's were double din so may leave it till i get a car upgrade. thanks carl

Reply to
Vamp

In article , snipped-for-privacy@none.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

the sun visor idea for

upgrade. thanks carl

No probs, and that site is run by Armin from the mp3car forums. I've ordered from him, sometimes he is a little hard to get hold of, and maight take a while sorting an order, but I found, if you mail him first to ask about shipping and stuff (ask him a few questions about the stuff), then make the order through the website, then mail him to remind him, he is usually cool.

I payed by PayPal, and his cart didn't have an international option for shipping that I could see (but it is supposed to be there), so we sorted out the shipping costs seperatley as a paypal transfer.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

As are almost all Japanese cars, including my Rover 600 (Honda Accord :)

It seemed rude not to use it :)

Reply to
Nom

Nice, but how much is a cheap laptop with bluetooth/802.11b/DVD/LCD all built in? Prolly not hugely more that the screen/HU, and saves bothering with the little PC box afterward, and can be sued outside the car too. Does need a little more thought for placement/fitting though I guess? Many will play audio/mp3 cds, and mp3s off of the HDD wilst "off" and with buttons down the front that you can reach with the lid shut, so it'd only need so slide out for the DVDs.

Does 802.11b have sufficient range to enale car vs car UT or iTunes shareage down the M4... LOL!

Reply to
marko

You should be able to do car to car, because you can do car to garage/house from the drive.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Jesus - that would be awesome.

"Meet me at J26 at 2am, i'm gonna kick your ass at UT"

Reply to
Dan405

LOL, yeah. Real War Driving.

Reply to