Black Audi R8

I saw it again on the M6 in Lancashire this morning, only it had broken down and was on the hard shoulder. A man was sat on the grassy bank looking a bit sick...

When I filled up with bio a bit later I was chatting to a guy with a Disco who said that there was an R8 cop car knocking about. Google failed to confirm this.

And I saw another one (in silver) a couple of days ago when I took the lad to school.

I'm not having one now, they're too common and break down ;)

Reply to
Abo

I saw a pearl white one the other day near Oxford.

Looked bloody good, actually.

White appears to becoming the 'one true colour' this year....

Reply to
SteveH

I can confirm it, I saw it last weekend pulling someone in a silver BMW estate on the M6. I also saw someone being pulled on the M6 toll, about a mile past the toll gates going northbound, same day by what *looked* like one of those 2-door Bentley coupe things.

MikeP

Reply to
Mike P

New RS6 is where its at, even at 2100kg

Reply to
Chet

In that case the pissed off looking guy at the side of the M6 was a copper. Priceless!

Reply to
Abo

So this is why we pay so much for fuel!

Reply to
Depresion

Yea, I'm glad I chose the Porsche instead :-p

Reply to
Iridium

I see them at least once a week round here. They look nice. Ally brake bells like a racer. OTOH I suspect they'd be too capable to have fun in.

Reply to
Doki

I think that's true of a lot of cars these days though. You need an airfield to slide because you have to be doing loony things. What the world needs is more short wheel base, MR cars that have some insane handling characteristics :-p

Reply to
Iridium

I can give you the phone number of my garage, may jimmy things along with the polo. ;) (Though not till the Legacy has traction control on the front. via break modulation not spark cut.)

Reply to
Depresion

That rolling road I help out at... the boss has a Radical set up for the track, (as well as a Caterham and a track prepped Exige).

Does that count? ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk