Right then.

As I'm off to the Czech Rep in a few hours I suppose I should leave you all with something to argue about.

If you had to own just one car for the rest of your life what would it be?

This one car has to do *everything* you use a car for. If your work means you have to do a billion miles a week then you have to do it in this car. If you do track days, you have to do them in this car. This will be your only car, forever. Access to driving any other cars is denied, this is your only car. You /are/ allowed occasional use of a Transit van if necessary. If your g/f, wife, parents, SO's, etc all own cars you can only travel in this one car.

One car, for life, what would it be?

Mine would be a W210 Brabus EV12 Estate, in a very dark gunmetal grey colour.

Back next week, have fun!

Reply to
Pikey Pete

Bentley Turbo R on LPG.

Reply to
SteveH

V8 landcruiser.

Reply to
Elder

Phaeton W12 LWB, dose it have to stay standard or can a stick a couple of turbos on as well?

Reply to
Depresion

Hmm, sounds interesting. Wonder how it would work will sequential lpg.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

The only car that is coming into my head is a Monaro VXR. Not exactly exciting, but it's practical (ish) but still brutal. And I might be able to afford to service it!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

The next Audi RS6,

Homer

w210? Rust and rattles. W211 Brabus EV12 estate.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Ford Sportka.

Reply to
DervMan

Hmm, it'd have to be something fast and practical. I was thinking VXR8 but I'd prefer an estate to a saloon if it was to be my only car for ever. So I reckon an Audi RS6 Avant on gas?

Reply to
Abo

Seam welded MK2 Golf with a bonded in screen, full new set of window rubbers, 1.8T engine and a decent 4WD system. Obviously it'd be on BBS splits too.

Reply to
Doki

Dark metallic B6 Passat 2.0TDI SE.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Reminds me of a line from Star Wars, "the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.... she may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Reply to
DervMan

Assuming madam had become accustomed to anything bigger than a Rover

45, a current shape BMW M5 Tourer would hit the spot...

'Look Ma... buttons... lots of shiny buttons, most of which I have no real idea of what it'll do to the car if I press them, but hey, that's all part of the fun. And lights... don't forget all the pretty lights'.

Mmm... HUD as well.

Aye, I reckon, money no object one of these would pretty much hit the spot.

However, I'd be a traitor to my communist diesel convictions if I had one of those... so can I have the 535d equivalent instead - dark metallic or otherwise, I don't really care.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

BMW 535d estate

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Hmm, sounds interesting. Wonder how it would work will sequential lpg.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Mitsubishi EVO II RS, with the body kit removed and standard lancer blandmobile stuff fitted instead. Discreet is good. Steel wheels with a bit of rust instead of the alloys. Sequential LPG of course. Towbar.

That would do all of what I need.

In fact I might just do that.

Sorry about being unable to follow the money no object bit.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Pagani Zonda F. You lot are boring.

Reply to
Iridium

have you tried starting on gas? Some kits can, some can't. Obviously harder in the winter as coolant is far colder.

Reply to
Elder

Haven't done that yet, but it does have the capability.

I do always put it onto gas within the first 30 seconds at the abxolute max and it is fine.

We're still in the running in stage and I'm advised that the vaporizer needs a little bedding in.

It does carburate perfectly though. Via the in car display, you can check lambda sensor operation and it is always switching rich/lean/rich/lean exactly as it should. Have to say, I am very very impressed and would reccomend it to anyone. See here for a bit more detail of my exact setup

Bob Sherunckle