This'll make Derv Perv

Question is, will this car bring Dervy back to being a VAG fan.

Reply to
Elder

I'm not going to look at the link, I can read the word, "Audi" in it.

Is this the big diesel donk for the aberration considered by some to be Audi's supercar?

"Wanted: new home for BFO diesel."

Reply to
DervMan

I'd have one

Reply to
Abo

So would I, if they get the price right, 500bhp and 23mpg, add in Euro VI compliance and the biggest NACA duct I have ever seen and you have to be onto a winner. (I wonder how it will chip?)

Reply to
Depresion

that gives me wood :)

nigh on 190 mph 0-60 in 4 seconds and the proper smell on your hands when you fill up :)

Reply to
Rob Finlayson

But you can't pose in it - which is half of the point of a supercar - as it'll sound like a tractor and people will mock you.

Reply to
Iridium

That V12 sounds quite good.

Reply to
Depresion

I thing some of the better 6-cyl or more diesels sound pretty good.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

But what more could you want than

12 cylinders 1000 torqueses 2 turbos the right fuel a spare tank full of fuel and no room for luggage?
Reply to
Elder

Elder wrote of Audi R8 Diesel:

Roof doesn't go down.

Rubbish. QED.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Douglas Payne, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

Shite off road an all.

Reply to
Pete M

4wd, just needs M&S rubber and it will be better than an X3.
Reply to
Depresion

Oh I don't know. There's the old adage about going over speed humps faster making them less bumpy, now I've done that before and it's clearly true - so by a process of complex deduction I reckon if you take an R8 offroad at really high speed it would waft along like a jag on fresh german tarmac.

Probably.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

All that torque and 4wd should make it a fantastic towing car, keep the luggage in the caravan.

Reply to
Depresion

Nice theory. I know just the place and I will be happy to carry out the research if anyone here present is willing to lend me their Diesel R8 for a week or so.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

If you're gonna tow, do it properly. Murcielago LP640, or a Viper :) Or, at a push, a Veyron.

Reply to
Iridium

Nah, they're shit and they'll only overheat.

Reply to
Clive George

Not got the torque have they? No good for a tow car. What you want is Charlie Broomfield's SD1. It's got a 27 litre Meteor tank engine (that's derived from the RR Merlin), and 1550 lbft. That'll get your caravan moving.

Reply to
Doki

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Doki, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

Chap my Rangie was built for has a 1929 Rolls Royce which he's fitted a Merlin engine to.

Sounds awesome.

Reply to
Pete M

Not a Silver Ghost was it? Chap by the name of Shaun Patten, a Kiwi? JB

Reply to
JB